Many parents have realized that the public school system has failed their children in more ways than one. Whether they're frustrated with Common Core, or their children are being bullied, Christian parents are seeking an alternative to traditional public school for their children.
At Foundations Christian School, we make it a priority to invest in the children in our care each day. When parents bring their kids in for the day, they leave with the knowledge that every area of their lives is being addressed, including the spiritual aspect that is so important for their overall growth as Christians. Perhaps you can relate to those feelings of not being satisfied with public school, or maybe you've always wanted to homeschool your kids, but you've found that it's simply not a possibility for your family at this time. Foundations Christian School would love to have your family join ours, and here are five excellent reasons why our school is the perfect place for your kids.
1. Lower Tuition Rates - When Foundations Christian School was started, we were fully aware of how high private Christian school tuition could be in the Big Flats area of New York. We decided to make it our goal to keep tuition costs low so that families who desired to send their kids to Christian school could afford to do so. In addition, we offer volunteer opportunities for parents to join in on the fun at FCS, and when parents volunteer, they become eligible to have tuition discounts based on how often they give of their time. This is a win-win for everyone because we love serving our families and we love having parents assisting us at school.
2. Smaller Classroom Sizes - When classes are filled with 25 or more children, it's next to impossible for everyone to get the help they need from the teacher. Even when classes have a teacher's aid, it's still difficult. At FCS, we keep our classroom sizes small because we believe that kids who need extra help should be able to receive it. We've found that this maximizes the time they spend in the classroom, and it also allows them to be so much more successful in their studies.
3. Deeper Relationships with God - Everything we do at FCS is centered around God. Prayer is a major component of everything we do in a day; whether it's praying together before school starts in the morning, or it's praying for a classmate who has a serious prayer request. We want to demonstrate God's love for our students in the way we interact with them, and we've successfully woven Scripture and Bible stories into so many aspects of what we teach. The kids are committing God's Word to their hearts, and they're learning more about how much God loves them every single day.
4. Special Classes - At FCS, our special classes are so important, and we've worked hard to make sure they enrich the lives of our students. Our music program is excellent, and the kids frequently participate in performances to demonstrate their musical abilities. They've even taken on the challenge of two and three-part harmonies. They also enjoy art classes with various types of projects, and they get plenty of exercise during gym class. Our special classes are some of the best parts of our day, and we think the kids agree.
5. Personal Responsibility - Finally, because FCS is located in a very busy church setting, the kids are tasked with taking responsibility for their own personal space and belongings. The church is always so full of life, and they've become an important part of the culture there. They all help to clean up after lunch, and they assist the teachers with collecting trash and making sure the space we use is ready for church on Sunday morning.
If you're interesting in learning more about Foundations Christian School and the type of education your children can experience, we will be having an Open House on Thursday, April 7th from 6:30 to 8pm. We would love to meet you and your kids so that you can get a sense for the community we offer at FCS. Also, if you are interested in a personal tour of our school, please contact our principal, Carrie Alo directly, at 607-271-1116.
Above all, we love the children that God has entrusted into our care. We strive to provide them with an excellent education that's built on Christian principles. Please contact us if you would like more information!
Our goal is for this blog to be informative, entertaining and fun for parents and anyone who is interested in learning more about Foundations Christian School. Thanks for reading!