As I write this blog post, I am almost at the end of a three-day substitute teaching journey. I was a little worried coming into this job, and for a lot of reasons.
1. I did a short stint of majoring in education while I was in college. It only took me about five times of sitting on observing a kindergarten class to realize that I had chosen the wrong major.
2. I've never substitute taught before.
3. I was a little worried about how I would manage so many kids of varying ages, and varying grades, who were all doing different levels of work at the same time.
This week hasn't been too bad, and I can say that because as I write this, it's a Friday afternoon, and the week is almost over. I've learned a great deal of information while I've been here this week.
1. First of all, these kids are AMAZING. I can't tell you enough how impressed I am with them. Each one of them has his or her own level of initiative, and they know exactly what they need to do. They take charge of their studies, and they work really, REALLY hard.
2. Miss Linda is AMAZING. The fact that she does this job day in and day out, and she greets me with a smile when I normally come to pick my own kids up in the afternoons, is simply remarkable. It's easy to see that she has her own special way with each kid, and they have truly to rely on her, trust her, and love her.
3. Teaching is hard. It has to be one of the hardest jobs of all, and we should be thankful to teachers for all that they pour into our kids on a daily basis.
4. God MUST be the center of everything. Before my substitute teaching journey began, I spent a day at the school shadowing Miss Linda so that I could see exactly what she did, day in and day out. I was amazed at her strength, and the way she handled everything that was going on in the room. She knew exactly how to keep each child on task. However, because I was unfamiliar with the program at the school, I knew I had to rely on God to get me through each minute. He truly has, and I am very thankful.
If you're interested in knowing more about Foundations Christian School, we would love to talk with you. Contact us today!
Our goal is for this blog to be informative, entertaining and fun for parents and anyone who is interested in learning more about Foundations Christian School. Thanks for reading!